Friday, January 20, 2012

In Development for the Etsy Shop



My first shipment of yarn arrived yesterday and of course it didn't take long before I was thinking of new things to create with it.

Yesterday evening, I finalized a pattern for a BJD bunny hat and this morning I worked out the ears for a BJD kitty hat. They should be appearing in the etsy shop soon.

I can't wait for my yarn order from the UK to arrive. The yarn looks beautiful online and is available in more natural colors so my animal hats will be worn by ball jointed dolls that are dressed in a more neutral or dark color palette.

In the mean time, I will be using this pastel yarn to make more animal hats. The first batch of hats that went up on etsy have sold out!

Today, I am expecting an order of crochet cotton, and a very unique looking yarn that I've never used before. I decided to order some crochet cotton colors that I haven't offered in the past including olive green and navy blue.

It seems that my color choices in the BJD world mimic my real-life wardrobe. Lately, I've been adding a ton of neutrals to my personal wardrobe and I've always had a fondness for anything that looks militaristic.

A big update to the etsy shop will be coming over the weekend. There should be some off-shoulder shirts and lots of hats for sale soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment